Monday, March 31, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cookies

This recipe is inspired by The Good Eatah's Almond Banana Cookies. I didn't have any almond butter available, so I used natural peanut butter. I also added chocolate chips and substitted agave nectar for the brown sugar. This has become my favorite cookie recipe-it is quick to make and sooo delicious :)


I brought these to the Pinewood Derby as a refeshment (since I am a Cub Scout leader), and they were the hit of the party...nobody could believe that they were GF!


Thanks again to The Good Eatah, I hope you don't mind me posting this :)






Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cookies


1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (smooth or chunky)
4 Tbsp Agave Nectar
1 Egg, beaten
1 Banana
1 Tsp Baking Soda
Dash of Salt
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips


Preheat oven tp 350 F. In a mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients, mix well. Mix in chocolate chips gently. Spoon batter onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet, spacing them far enough apart to allow for spreading. Flatten each cookie a little and bake for 8-10 minutes.


*Cooks note--The 1st time I made this, I used a super ripe, black banana and it made for a very loose batter. They turned out great. The 2nd time I made them, I used a yellow banana and the batter was much tighter. They still turned out great. Either way, they are delicious, but I don't want you to freak if your batter turnes out loose. They will still be awesome :)


9 comments:

Liz said...

Yay! I'm glad you created your own mix from the recipe. These look great! I am totally trying it out. I love that you used agave in them.

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Hey now, these sound really good. They're a lot like my Flourless PB Cookies
or the Cinnamon Raisin PB Cookies. I like the addition of a banana, I didn't think it would work out so well. The banana certainly adds some sweetness, but were they sweet enough with only 1/4 cup of agave nectar? I wonder if honey would work instead. I will absolutely try this next time I make them, thanks!

- The Peanut Butter Boy

Tiffany said...

Nick-I think they were perfectly sweet! Agave is definitly sweeter than sugar or honey, so I always use less than I would for sugar. Honey would work well!

Thanks for stopping by!

Erin said...

These look SO good. Chocolate, banana and peanut butter are the best threesome in history. I will try tonight, no doubt! Thanks for sharing.

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Huh, I've just found my way back here again. These still look great, I really need to try them! I love the food blogging community but there's just way too much good stuff out there, it's so hard to remember everything!

Ashley's Team in Training Blog Marathon blog and more said...

could you still use brown sugar instead of the agave nectar? is brown sugar not gluten free?

Tiffany said...

Ashley- You can totally use brown sugar! It is gluten free (check your ingredients to make sure still), but I tend to like agave just becasue it is lower on the glycemic index :) Thanks for stopping by!!

Anonymous said...

These are d-lish. Great snack for a newly gluten free 5 yr old. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I agree ~ these are delish! I used part natural peanut butter and part toasted ground pecans for added nuttiness. I also used only 2 T honey in place of agave (as I just ran out of that), chopped up 70% chocolate...banana does add the right amount of sweetness....thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails