Thursday, August 6, 2009

All Purpose Flour Blend

Well, I've finally found a good GF flour combination I like. It's not necessarily all-purpose, because it can have a somewhat strong flavor in certain applications, but for most things, I really like it. It is Buckwheat and Corn Starch based, along with a few other ingredients. I've found that it makes the best cornbread I have ever eaten in my life, and it also lends a nice whole grain-like flavor to breads. It is not good in delicate flavored pastries, such as sugar cookies. The buckwheat is just too strong for that.

I'll give the corn bread recipe in a post within the next couple of weeks, and I am also baking some awesome cookies right now that I will post within the next day or so :)


GF Flour Combination

Good for breads, hearty cookies, etc.

3 cups Rice Flour (I like brown rice, but you can use white if you want)
4 cups Corn Starch or Tapioca Starch
2 cups Buckwheat
1 cups Masa Harina (Maseca)
1/4 cup Flax Seed (optional)

This makes a large batch of flour mix, so make sure to have a good sized canister with a lid. If you don't use flour mix a lot, you can either make a smaller batch, or keep it in the freezer to prevent it from going rancid.

4 comments:

Ariana said...

This looks good. Do you have a bread recipe made with this? Also, check out my new site. www.foodintolerancescook.wordpress.com
GF-SugarFree-and Dairy Free etc recipes and reviews

Tiffany said...

Ariana, I do have a fantastic bread recipe, so I will post it soon. I'm glad you asked :) It really does rock!

mrsmckracken said...

Tiffany,
This looks like a good one. I'll have to try it. Would you like to do a guest post on my blog? I would love to get your viewpoint on being a baker(!) and not using wheat flour. Science and all, I guess. Let me know. Great blog by the way...we have so much in common! Margo
www.offthewheatenpath.blogspot.com

Elle said...

Wow, that sounds like a really nice blend! Good to see you! My blog has moved and I'm finally getting around to redoing the blogroll. Adding you right now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails