Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lemon Poppy Seed Almond Muffins

I loooove lemon! Lemon truly makes me feel happy and springy. There is nothing like it to brighten your day, to add a skip to your step. Adding lemon to your muffins is doubly happy. My husband always jokes with me about muffins...he quotes me in a high pitched voice saying "all I want is a muffin"!

Truly, all I want is a muffin.




Lemon Poppy Seed Almond Muffins

1 3/4 Cup Sylvan Border Farms AP GF Flour

1 Tbsp ground Flax Seed

1 tsp Baking Soda

3 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Xanthan Gum

1/2 tsp Salt

1 Tbsp Poppy seed

1/4 Cup melted Coconut Oil

1/3 Cup Agave Nectar

2 whisked Eggs

1 Cup Plain Yogurt

Zest and Juice of 1 large Lemon

Splash of Almond Extract

Chopped Toasted Almonds (Optional)

Leftover Tart Lemon Pulp (click link for recipe)

Method: Preheat oven to 350 f. In separate bowls, mix the wet ingredients and the dry. Gently add the wet into the dry and fold in the toasted almonds. Using a lunch lady scoop, drop balls of batter into pre greased muffin tins. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. De-pan and let cool slightly on a cooling rack.

Using a knife or the back of a spoon, spread chilled Tart Lemon Pulp over the tops to add a shine and a real zip of flavor. Don't skip this, it really makes a lovely finish!

*To quote The Sandlot..."and then, you stuff!" Enjoy! :)

4 comments:

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Oh man, these sound amazing! Yum, yum, yum! I love lemon and poppyseed.

Elle said...

Oh. My. Gosh. These look amazing. Amazing! I'm a complete muffin addict. I'm going to try these, and the Lemon Pulp, too! Is it wrong to say my mouth is watering like a dog looking at a side of beef?

Tiffany said...

LOL, that seriously cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

These look wonderful! I will definitely be trying these soon. I have been looking for a good lemon muffin recipe, and this one jumps out the most by far. (I also love muffins quite a lot) :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails