Friday, June 6, 2008

Mango Creme Brulee

You may be wondering where I have been. We did get back from Mexico in May, and you have read all about that already, yet I have not posted since. Well, I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I have been sucked into reading the Twilight series. And now I am addicted to those darn books! I had to finish them, no matter what or who else suffered. I didn't even create anything to blog about! This whole time, either Mark has made dinner, or I decided that cold cereal would suffice. I'm just as obsessed with this series as any teenage girl in this country is, except for that I'm 25, so I feel pretty lame.
.

Since I have been so out of touch and lazy, I decided to post an awesome recipe that I have been meaning to mention for quite some time. I promised Melissa at Gluten Free For Good forever ago that I would post this. This was back when she was talking about mangoes, so that says how long ago it was :) Anyhow, it is so easy and sooo delicious, and I'd be willing to bet that you will make this more than once.



Mango Creme Brulee

3 Mangoes, small diced
2 Cups Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt, strained through cheese cloth overnight
Juice and Zest of 1 large Lime
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
2 tsp. ground Ginger
Turbinado Sugar (or just brown sugar)


Beat all of the ingredients together except for the mango and sugar. Once combined, fold in the mangoes. Divide between 3-4 ramekins or coffee mugs, whatever you have. Chill overnight with plastic wrap completely covering them. If you do not have time to chill overnight, at least chill for a few hours. Once ready to serve, sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the surface evenly and, using a torch, caramelize the sugar until bubbly and golden, but not black. Once cooled, serve!


For those of you who are dairy free, why not try silken tofu in place of cream cheese and yogurt?


Elle, give this a try with raspberries and lime! Let me know what you think!!!




8 comments:

Simply...Gluten-free said...

This looks amazing! Thanks for posting it.

Ginger Carter Miller said...

You should submit this to Kate's BBQ, Tiffany. I will have to try this -- looks so yummy!

Elle said...

Tiffany, these look so delicious, and they couldn't be easier! You're right, raspberry and lime would be reeeally good. Perfect excuse to buy a little torch, right? I was just looking at a recipe today that used one of those! This is a sign.

And don't feel bad that you're 25 and reading the Twilight books. Two of my friends even ahem--"older" than you are hopelessly addicted, hehe. (they'll kill me if they read that I called them old!)

Tiffany said...

Thanks, Carol! I hope you think it tastes amazing, too!

Ginger, I wanted to post it for the BBQ, but I was too late when I found out about it...

Thanks, Elle! Those torches are very handy! I feel better about the Twilight series...I have accepted that I am hopeless, and I'm ok with that!!

Liz said...

Mmmmmmmm. That looks awesome. I think I will try it with tofu. Good call, Tiffany!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I wish I could cook worth a lick, I would be all over your stuff! Love your blog!!

Tiffany said...

TGE, tell me what you think of it made with tofu, I'm curious!

Tiff, you crack me up, seriously!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

Thanks for NOT giving up on me! And for reminding me about the mango brulee, which BTW, looks amazing! I will definitely try this.

My blog is in rehab, but I'll be back in the swing of things very soon. I miss all you wonderful GF bloggers. I went to the Gluten Intolerance Group's national conference in Dallas a week or so ago. It was wonderful! Lots of good information and great food.

Aaahhhh, you and Mark look so cute on the beach in Mexico! He has a great smile. Must be the kiss he's getting! :-)

In good health,
Melissa

Related Posts with Thumbnails