Saturday, July 12, 2008

Quick Little Ditty: Cool Broccoli Caprese Salad

The other night, my family invited us over for pizza and root beer-our traditional Friday night celebration. I was asked to bring a salad, but I had very few 'salad' ingredients available to me. I don't like going to the grocery store on a Friday night-it's way too busy, so I threw together a few ingredients to make this wonderfully delicious salad. It was so easy to make, and consisted of things I had already in my fridge.


I sauteed up some frozen broccoli, just to take the bitterness out, then stuck it back in the fridge to chill. I then added some minced white onion, diced mozzarella, grape tomatoes, torn fresh basil leaves and drizzled balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Toss that together with some kosher salt and pepper, and voila! You have a lovely, quick, tasty salad! It went perfectly with our pizza, and the colors were beautiful.

I think that tonight for dinner, we will toss the leftovers with some quinoa and maybe a grilled chicken breast. It is so easy and versatile, who wouldn't want to try this?

5 comments:

Liz said...

Mmmmm! What a great idea regarding the broccoli.

And I hate going to the grocery store on Friday night too -- it's craziness!

Shreya said...

really quick recipe.. and healthy.. broccoli is grt..

Elle said...

What a great idea! And I'm not even going to start on how much I love pizza and root beer night.

Tiffany said...

Thanks, Lizzie! I love broccoli!

Shreya-Thanks for stopping by! Fast recipes rock :) LOL

Pizza and Root Beer nights are the best, Elle! I'm glad you agree!

Simply...Gluten-free said...

I would have never thought to add broccoli, sounds great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails